I decided to start keeping track of the recipes I try in a blog as opposed to keeping a "recipe drawer" where I can never find anything that I am looking for! Oftentimes, I am short on time and just want to have a dish made quickly and easily. I do not claim to be a chef by any means but enjoy cooking when I have the time!

My husband is a vegetarian so many of these are either vegetarian or have ingredients that can be substituted with meatless products (Morning Star, Boca, tofu, beans, mushrooms, etc).

Friday, March 9, 2012

Easy Creamcheesy Danish

Ingredients:
1 tube crescent rolls
1 8-oz. package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons all purpose flour
Frozen fruit (mixed berries, cherries, blueberries, or whatever you like)
powdered sugar to top

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, flour and vanilla. Set aside.
3. Spray the inside of a cupcake pan very very lightly. Spread the crescent rolls into the cupcake dish making a sort-of-bowl.
4. Spoon the cream cheese into the bowls evenly.
5. Take a handful of fruit and add to each cupcake bowl.
6. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the cresecent rolls are golden brown.
7. Let them cool for 5 minutes then dust with powdered sugar.



 


No comments:

Post a Comment