I decided to start keeping track of the recipes I try in a blog as opposed to keeping a "recipe drawer" where I can never find anything that I am looking for! Oftentimes, I am short on time and just want to have a dish made quickly and easily. I do not claim to be a chef by any means but enjoy cooking when I have the time!

My husband is a vegetarian so many of these are either vegetarian or have ingredients that can be substituted with meatless products (Morning Star, Boca, tofu, beans, mushrooms, etc).

Friday, March 9, 2012

Sleepin' In Omelet


 
Pioneer Woman's Sleepin' In Omelet (above pics from her website)
Ingredients
■6 whole Onion Rolls
■1 cup Grated Cheddar Cheese
■8 ounces, weight Cream Cheese
■1-1/2 stick Butter
■10 whole Eggs
■2 cups Milk
■1 teaspoon Chopped Chives (I used extra since I only had dried chives)
■1/2 teaspoon Dry Mustard
■1/2 teaspoon Salt
■1 dash Cayenne Pepper
Preparation Instructions:
1. Generously butter an 9x13 baking dish.
2. Tear onion rolls into chunks and place them in the bottom of the baking dish. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese, then tear cream cheese into small pieces and place over the top. Cut 1 ½ sticks butter into pats and place over the top.
3. Mix remaining ingredients and pour over the top of the dish.
4. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
5. The next morning, bake at 325 degrees, covered, for 45 minutes. The remove foil and continue baking at 350 for 10-15 minutes.
6. Eat. Faint. Repeat.



No comments:

Post a Comment