I decided to start keeping track of the recipes I try in a blog as opposed to keeping a "recipe drawer" where I can never find anything that I am looking for! Oftentimes, I am short on time and just want to have a dish made quickly and easily. I do not claim to be a chef by any means but enjoy cooking when I have the time!

My husband is a vegetarian so many of these are either vegetarian or have ingredients that can be substituted with meatless products (Morning Star, Boca, tofu, beans, mushrooms, etc).

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Dip (AKA: Crack Dip)

I kept reading about this on Pinterest so my mom and I had to try it. We made it for the Superbowl. It was really good, seriously..... but "crack dip" is a bit misleading! I was definitely able to stop eating it because it is very rich!

Above picture from the http://www.singforyoursupperblog.com/ blog

Ingredients:
8 ounce package of low fat cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup ranch salad dressing
1/4 cup blue cheese salad dressing
1/2 cup buffalo sauce
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese (shredded mozzarella cheese can be substituted)
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded

Directions:
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a deep baking dish, mix cream cheese, salad dressing, buffalo sauce, and cheese. Stir until combined. Stir in chicken.
3. Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes, until the dish is heated through.  Serve with crackers, pita chips, sliced bread or vegetables.
NOTE:  Depending on your tastes and the ingredients on hand, you can use 1/2 cup ranch or blue cheese salad dressing rather than 1/4 cup of each.  Similarly, you can mix blue cheese and mozzarella, or use portions of each.

Recipe adapted from http://www.singforyoursupperblog.com/dips-and-salsas/the-famous-quot-crack-dip-quot/

No comments:

Post a Comment