I decided to start keeping track of the recipes I try in a blog as opposed to keeping a "recipe drawer" where I can never find anything that I am looking for! Oftentimes, I am short on time and just want to have a dish made quickly and easily. I do not claim to be a chef by any means but enjoy cooking when I have the time!

My husband is a vegetarian so many of these are either vegetarian or have ingredients that can be substituted with meatless products (Morning Star, Boca, tofu, beans, mushrooms, etc).

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Asian Glazed Chicken

My mom and I made an asian inspired dinner the other night and this was one of the dishes. Wow, I was really impressed with this recipe as it is SOOOOO GOOOOOD! Highly recommended! The pan did require to be soaked over night and some major elbow grease after it was cooked but it was well worth it.

Ingredients:
8 medium chicken drumsticks or 4-6 thighs, bone in (I used real chicken and also made the recipe with the fake chicken scallopini)
olive oil spray
1 cup water
1 tbsp Sriracha hot sauce (more or less to taste)
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup soy sauce
4 tsp agave nectar (or sugar)
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp ginger, grated
2 tbsp chives or scallions, chopped
1 tsp sesame seeds

Directions:
1. In a heavy large saucepan, brown chicken on high for 3-4 minutes with a little spray oil.
2. Add water, balsamic, soy sauce, agave, garlic, ginger, hot sauce and cook on high until liquid comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered for about 20 minutes.
3. Remove cover and bring heat to high, allowing sauce to reduce down, about 8-10 minutes, until it becomes a thick glaze, turning chicken occasionally. (Keep an eye on glaze, you don't want it to burn when it start becoming thick)
4. Transfer chicken to a platter and pour glaze on top. Top with chives and sesame seeds and serve.

 

Recipe adapted from http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/07/asian-glazed-drumsticks.html

No comments:

Post a Comment