I decided to start keeping track of the recipes I try in a blog as opposed to keeping a "recipe drawer" where I can never find anything that I am looking for! Oftentimes, I am short on time and just want to have a dish made quickly and easily. I do not claim to be a chef by any means but enjoy cooking when I have the time!

My husband is a vegetarian so many of these are either vegetarian or have ingredients that can be substituted with meatless products (Morning Star, Boca, tofu, beans, mushrooms, etc).

Friday, February 3, 2012

Fiesta Lime Rice

Why have I not made this before? Super easy and very flavorful. I made this as a side dish for the white chicken enchiladas (that recipe is on my blog as well) but this could easily be a main dish. You could add shrimp or chicken strips to it! YUM! I adapted this from the SkinnyTaste.com recipe. It is one of those Weight Watchers approved dish so the nutritional info is below.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
3/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and heated
3/4 cup cooked corn kernals, heated
1 large tomato, diced
1 green onion, diced fine
4 tbsp chopped cilantro (more or less to your liking)
1 tbsp lime juice
salt to taste

Directions:
In a large bowl, combine hot rice, heated corn, heated beans, tomato, scallion, cilantro, lime juice and salt if needed. Toss and serve!


 
Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 1 cup • Old Points: 2 pt • Points+: 4 pt
Calories: 152.8 • Fat: 0.8 g • Protein: 5.7 g • Carb: 33.7 g • Fiber: 4 g • Sugar: 1.7
adapted from http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/04/fiesta-lime-rice.html

No comments:

Post a Comment