I decided to start keeping track of the recipes I try in a blog as opposed to keeping a "recipe drawer" where I can never find anything that I am looking for! Oftentimes, I am short on time and just want to have a dish made quickly and easily. I do not claim to be a chef by any means but enjoy cooking when I have the time!

My husband is a vegetarian so many of these are either vegetarian or have ingredients that can be substituted with meatless products (Morning Star, Boca, tofu, beans, mushrooms, etc).

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Fruit Salsa with Baked Cinnamon Chips

My mom and I made this to snack on during the Superbowl recently and it was so yummy. Everyone kept calling it a dessert, but let me tell you..... I would eat this for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert or snacks! It was so delicious!

I didn't get a chance to take a picture so used the pictures from www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com/

Ingredients:2 kiwis, peeled and diced
2 Golden Delicious apples - cored and diced
8 ounces raspberries
1 (16 oz) carton of strawberries, diced
1.5 cups of blueberries
2 tablespoons white sugar (more or less to taste)
1 tablespoon brown sugar (more or less to taste)
3 tablespoons fruit preserves, any flavor (I used raspberry)
10 (10 inch) flour tortillas
melted butter or butter flavored cooking spray

Cinnamon sugar:
1 cup white sugar
2 Tablespoons cinnamon

Directions:
1. In a large bowl, thoroughly mix kiwis, apples, raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, white sugar, brown sugar and fruit preserves. Cover and chill in the refrigerator at least 15 minutes.
2.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Coat one side of each flour tortilla with melted butter or butter flavored cooking spray. Sprinkle tortillas with desired amount of cinnamon sugar. Cut into wedges and arrange in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Spray again with cooking spray (not necessary if using melted butter).
4. Bake in the preheated oven 10 minutes. Repeat with any remaining tortilla wedges. Allow to cool approximately 15 minutes. Serve with chilled fruit mixture. This salsa could also be serve with graham grackers or cinnamon pita chips.

Recipe adapted from http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Annies-Fruit-Salsa-and-Cinnamon-Chips/Detail.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment