I decided to start keeping track of the recipes I try in a blog as opposed to keeping a "recipe drawer" where I can never find anything that I am looking for! Oftentimes, I am short on time and just want to have a dish made quickly and easily. I do not claim to be a chef by any means but enjoy cooking when I have the time!

My husband is a vegetarian so many of these are either vegetarian or have ingredients that can be substituted with meatless products (Morning Star, Boca, tofu, beans, mushrooms, etc).

Monday, February 13, 2012

Taco Cupcakes

I tried making these because they looked like fun and because we like mexican food and because I figured they would be easy to freeze and take to work!

Ingredients:
1 1/2 t  Olive Oil...
1/2 lb lean ground beef (I used a package of Morning Star beef crumbles)
1 packet of taco seasoning
1 can canned black beans, drained and rinsed
24 wonton wrappers (found in the produce section)
5 tbsp or so of queso dip or salsa con queso
1 cup or so of chunky salsa
1 cup or so of reduced fat shredded Mexican cheese
Guacamole and/or sour cream and/or shredded lettuce for serving
Sidenote: Once I finished putting the taco cupcakes together, I had leftovers of the meat mixture.


Directions:1.  pre-heat the oven to 375. Lightly mist 8 cups in a muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a saute pan or large skillet over medium-high heat, add the beef and then taco seasoning and brown beef, breaking it with a spoon. Add black beans and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for a few minutes until warm.
3. Push a wonton wrapper into the bottom of each of the 12 sprayed cups in the  muffin tin. Spoon a teaspoon of queso dip into each wonton wrapper and spread across the bottom.
4. Follow by spooning some of the meat/beans mixture into each cup and then spoon a teaspoon or so of salsa on top of that. Sprinkle a pinch of the cheese evenly over the top of each cup.
5. Press another wonton wrapper on top and repeat the layering steps with the remaining ingredients.
6. Bake for 18-20 minutes until golden brown. Let cool for a couple of minutes before removing from muffin tin.
   
I adapted this recipe from http://bricelife-gabrielle.blogspot.com/2012/01/taco-cupcakes.html

No comments:

Post a Comment