I decided to start keeping track of the recipes I try in a blog as opposed to keeping a "recipe drawer" where I can never find anything that I am looking for! Oftentimes, I am short on time and just want to have a dish made quickly and easily. I do not claim to be a chef by any means but enjoy cooking when I have the time!

My husband is a vegetarian so many of these are either vegetarian or have ingredients that can be substituted with meatless products (Morning Star, Boca, tofu, beans, mushrooms, etc).

Monday, February 13, 2012

Famous Garlic Knots - lil bites of heaven

These might not be healthy but they are RIDICULOUSLY good. My husband even said that if we were ever to open a restaurant, we would have to have these. They really are little bites of heaven.

Ingredients:
1 package refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
3 tbsp olive oil
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1 dash or so of onion powder
1 dash or so of garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon of garlic, chopped fine
2 tbsp butter

Directions:1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a baking pan with cooking spray lightly.
2 Cut each biscuit into half.
3 Roll each piece into a 5 inch rope and tie into a knot; tuck ends under
4 Place 2 inches apart on baking sheet.
5 Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
6 While they are baking, combine the remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Pop in the microwave for 30 seconds to melt the butter and to incorporate the ingredients.
7 Using a pastry brush, brush the mixture onto the cooked knots. Serve warm for maximum drooling.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment