I decided to start keeping track of the recipes I try in a blog as opposed to keeping a "recipe drawer" where I can never find anything that I am looking for! Oftentimes, I am short on time and just want to have a dish made quickly and easily. I do not claim to be a chef by any means but enjoy cooking when I have the time!

My husband is a vegetarian so many of these are either vegetarian or have ingredients that can be substituted with meatless products (Morning Star, Boca, tofu, beans, mushrooms, etc).

Friday, January 27, 2012

Crash Hot Potatoes

Mmmm! Let me first say that I LOVE potatoes. These Crash Hot Potatoes by "The Pioneer Woman" are healthier than frying a potato but not quite as healthy as a plain bakes potato with nothing on it! But they are DELISH and addictive! She didn't add parmigiano cheese but I thought it would add to the recipe.

Ingredients:
12 or so whole Small Round Potatoes
3-5 Tablespoons Olive Oil
Kosher Salt
Black Pepper
Rosemary (or Other Herbs Of Choice)
Parmigiano cheese (grated, and fresh is best!)

Instructions:
1. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add in as many potatoes as you wish to make and cook them until they are fork-tender. Drain water.
2. On a sheet pan, generously drizzle olive oil. Place tender potatoes on the cookie sheet leaving plenty of room between each potato.
3. With a potato masher, gently press down each potato until it slightly mashes, rotate the potato masher 90 degrees and mash again.
4. Brush the tops of each crushed potato generously with more olive oil.
5. Sprinkle potatoes with kosher salt, fresh ground black pepper and chopped rosemary (or chives or thyme or whatever herb you have available.)
6. Bake in a 450 degree oven for about 16-18 minutes until the sides start to get a little brownish. Remove from over.
7. Sprinkle on the parmigiano cheese and bake for another 5-7 minutes.


 
(above 2 photos from the Pioneer Woman's website  http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/06/crash-hot-potatoes/)

No comments:

Post a Comment