I decided to start keeping track of the recipes I try in a blog as opposed to keeping a "recipe drawer" where I can never find anything that I am looking for! Oftentimes, I am short on time and just want to have a dish made quickly and easily. I do not claim to be a chef by any means but enjoy cooking when I have the time!

My husband is a vegetarian so many of these are either vegetarian or have ingredients that can be substituted with meatless products (Morning Star, Boca, tofu, beans, mushrooms, etc).

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Apricot Chicken

My mom gave me this easy recipe for an amazingly sweet and scrumptious chicken dish.

Ingredients:
1 Lipton packet
1 1/2 bottles Russian dressing
1 jar of apricot preserves
6-8 chicken breasts depending on size (bone in for juicer chicken)

Directions:
1. Combine the lipton packet, russian dressing and apricot preserves to a bowl and mix well.
2. Place chicken in a 9x12 pan and pour the marinade over it. Put it in the fridge to marinate for a couple of hours. I typically then put the chicken breasts in individual ziplock baggies with sauce in each in the freezer until the night before I am going to eat one. I am usually only cooking chicken for one person since my husband is a vegetarian so it doesn't make sense for me personally to cook all of the chicken at once! So on the night before I take one of the ziplock bags out and put it in the fridge to defrost overnight so it is ready that following night to cook as per below.
3. Preheat over to 350 and bake for 30 minutes or so (until the chicken is no longer pink on the inside so the time may be more or less).

  

No comments:

Post a Comment