I decided to start keeping track of the recipes I try in a blog as opposed to keeping a "recipe drawer" where I can never find anything that I am looking for! Oftentimes, I am short on time and just want to have a dish made quickly and easily. I do not claim to be a chef by any means but enjoy cooking when I have the time!

My husband is a vegetarian so many of these are either vegetarian or have ingredients that can be substituted with meatless products (Morning Star, Boca, tofu, beans, mushrooms, etc).

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Low Fat Buffalo Chicken Pockets

I was just playing around and came up with these because I was craving some buffalo chicken but wanted to do something different.

Ingredients:
Pillsbury crescent rolls (low fat)
Cooked and shredded chicken (a couple of breasts would suffice) or use a pack of the Morning Star fake chicken strips cut into small pieces
Blue cheese crumbles (low fat)
Buffalo hot sauce
Blue cheese dressing for dipping if you'd like.

Directions:
1. After the chicken is cooked and shredded, put it back in the pan and saturate it with the buffalo sauce. Cook for 2-4 minutes or so until the sauce has partially absorbed into the chicken.
2. Take the pan off the heat and put it aside for now. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray.
3. Unroll the crescent rolls. One at a time, stretch out the cresecent roll then add a big spoonful of the chicken mixture to the wident part of the crescent roll then a small spoonful (about a teaspoon) of blue cheese crumbles to the top of that. Roll from the wide end to the small end then fold the sides over and put on a pan with the end of the roll (the flap) facing downwards.
4. Bake at 375 for about 16-18 minutes until the tops are golden brown.


No comments:

Post a Comment