I decided to start keeping track of the recipes I try in a blog as opposed to keeping a "recipe drawer" where I can never find anything that I am looking for! Oftentimes, I am short on time and just want to have a dish made quickly and easily. I do not claim to be a chef by any means but enjoy cooking when I have the time!

My husband is a vegetarian so many of these are either vegetarian or have ingredients that can be substituted with meatless products (Morning Star, Boca, tofu, beans, mushrooms, etc).

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pretzel Hugs

These have got to be one of the easiest snacks you can make and are super delish, especially if you like sweet and salty mixed together!!!!!!!!! I got this recipe from Pinterest and have made them several times since. They make an easy thank you gift or party favor (put in cellophane wrap with a bow).


Ingredients:
1 bag Pretzel snaps (square with a grid shaped pattern)
2 bags of Hersheys Hugs

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 300 then unwrap the Hugs (this takes the most time from this recipe!)
2. Line baking sheet with waxed paper.
3. Lay one pretzel down for every Hug and top each pretzel with a Hug.
4. Pop in the oven for 2 min, just until they are glossy and softish. Do not leave them in too long!
5. Remove from oven and let sit for 1 more minute, to continue the softening process.
6. Now top each hug with another pretzel pushing down very, very gently, so it sticks together.
7. Put the baking sheet in the fridge for 20-30 minutes to cool them off.

No comments:

Post a Comment